Suggest treatment for depression due lack of understanding in a relationship

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2014
Dec 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
I am dipressed because of my wife not listening and creating fight everyday in home. it is affecting my son. not able to think of diverse now. what to do?
Fri, 11 May 2018 in Relationship

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please elaborate the problems in detail

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

I can understand your problem. Please elaborate in detail about your problem.

What kind of issues both of you have that are creating problems?

If your wife agrees then visit to a marriage counsellor or psychologist can help.

Thanks and take care

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for depression due lack of understanding in a relationship 4 hours later
She is not giving food in time. Not taking care of my son. It is giving me more stress and anxiety and day ends up fighting. I am looking for any anti dipression pills which will help me more piece and calm mind. I am US to get that medicine

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fluoxetine or Sertraline can be used.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Did you try to find out why she is behaving weirdly with you? Why there are frequent fights between you people?

If you are getting depressed due to these ongoing issues then that is due to adjustment disorder and associated depression. Drugs like Fluoxetine or Sertraline can help in reducing the depressive symptoms. The drugs will help to beat the depression and you will get relief. You can visit a doctor for evaluation.

Thanks