What causes intermittent abdominal pain and nausea despite taking medication?
See a General Surgeon or Gastrosurgeon
Thanks for the question.
The symptoms that your 15 yr old presents related to gut pathology as nausea is typically seen there. However the current doctor is treating with empirical drugs in the form of estrogen replacements, anti pain medicine and anti ulcer along with Montelukast, which is typically given in airway diseases.
I think this is not right to give medicine for concerned systems instead make a proper diagnosis with Ultrasound or CT abdomen first.
So to answer your question you should see a specialist like a General surgeon or gastrosurgeon quickly.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can my intermittent abdominal pain and nausea be due to pinworm infection?
- What could be the cause for intermittent abdominal pain
- What is the cause of sharpintense and intermittent abdominal pain
- What causes abdominal pain nausea and headache
- Sharp intermittent abdominal pain like a knife
- Intermittent abdominal pain waiting for colonoscopy result any thoughts
- Experiencing intermittent abdominal pains and white mucus anal discharge suggest
- What is the cause of severe abdominal pain and nausea
- What causes nausea and abdominal pain
- What causes abdominal pain nausea and loss of weight
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?