Are stomach pain and pain in penis post intercourse signs of STD?

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello, I'm a XXXXXXX guy and had brief oral sex about 6 weeks ago and thought I had symptoms of an STI and went for a full screen and early detection and all came back negative - 2 weeks after that I had pain in my stomach and a dull ache in penis so went to the dr's and he said that it was a fungal infection and gave me cream for this - it is now 2 weeks after this and it went away for a few days but now every time I empty my bowels I get a dull ache in my penis and stomach cramps - hoping you can shed some light on this as this is getting debilitating. Many thanks
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stomach pain is quite unusual with STD.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
As your Doctor told the dull ache over the penis can be due to yeast infection which is not uncommon following a oral sex. As your tests for STDs are negative, you need not worry much.
Pain over stomach is usually not related to STD. But as you are a XXXXXXX the possibility intestinal worms have to be ruled out. After emptyinig the stomach, you have experienced stomach pain is unusual and not a related one, possibly a co-incidence. Repeated samples of motion examination for ova and cysts will reveal the possibility of intestinal worms.
Get well soon
Dr S.Murugan