Are sore throat, tender neck and chest pain signs of collapsed lung?

Dr. Shashi Dangwal

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I had a collapsed lung aug, 2016. I have been sick and now having pains on same side when breathing, with certain movement and aching behind my shoulder on the same side. Throats sore, glands in neck are tender, and i have an area on my chest that is very tender. I am avoiding hospital because its not as sever as last years, but i am terrified it may be on the way to a collapse. Do the symtoms im having sound like a collapse?

Could this just be a bad cold or is it bad?
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
.Who and on what basis the collapse of lung has been diagnosed

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,

You say that you had a collapse lung in aug 2016-which means collapse happened in this current month as it`s still Aug 2016.

Who made the diagnosis of collapse lung and what were the basis of diagnosis because collapse lung is a serious issue and there has to be a reason for it. Can you upload the reports?

What you are having could be a bad bout of cold or depending on how ill you are it could be even bronchitis/pneumonia.

I suggest that you get at least a chest xray done after consulting your PCP or a pulmonologist to rule out any serious underlying pathology so that appropriate treatment can be started.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj