Are sore throat, productive cough and right ear ache signs of ear infection?
Likely to be due to a viral infection.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Most often such symptoms are due to certain viral infections. You need to take steam inhalation. Water in form of vapor will reach deep inside and help in diluting the cough. There is a thin tube on either side connecting the inside of the throat to the middle ear cavity. Thus the cough leads to ear problems and ear infections as well. Diluting the cough should relieve the problem.
Take some antiallergic like cetirizine once daily for next few days. It should help.
Try the measures suggested and I think that it would be enough.
Depends on whether oozing is present
Unless you have oozing from your eats, ear drops are not required. If oozing is present, antibiotic drpos would be needed.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of right ear ache
- Diagnosis of right ear ache
- Ear infection and sore throat during pregnancy
- Treatment and cure for right ear ache
- Ear infection and stomach upset and sore throat
- Right ear aches when i swallow
- Hiv symptoms sore throat and ear infection
- Right ear ache causes
- Drugs/medication for right ear ache
- Ear infection sore throat and pregnant