Are recurrent bumps on the tongue signs of HIV?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: Presently, I have recurrent mucocele at the same place in my buccal mucosa for last one month. Also, there is some tongue bumps recurrently and no ulcers.Is it a sign of HIV? Is HIV comes with single or multiple symptoms?

Answered by Dr. Matin Ahmad Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
NO HIV

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question.I am Dr Matin and will be answering your question.

HIV can't be diagnosed on the basis of symptoms unless substantiated with a positive report of HIV testing. HIV is transmitted after having sex with infected person, getting HIV infected blood transfused , and having shared HIV infected needles.
In any case I have not heard any HIV patient presenting with 'mucocele'.
So if you don't come under any high risk group, then there is no risk of HIV at all.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Matin Ahmad Khan 2 hours later
Actually i had a protected intercourse with a CSW on 1st XXXXXXX 15 and after that i had developed mouth ulcers in and around tongue after two months.
The mucoceles is recurrent and occurs in same place.and also ulcer type breakage in lips.
And no other symptoms and also had a severe tooth infection.
I justt want to wether HiV comes with single or multiple infections?
Amd what about oral problems if infected with HIV
Answered by Dr. Matin Ahmad Khan 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO HIV

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question.As stated HIV does not come through protected sex (if the condom was not torn or slipped) HIV is a single virus ,and is presented with multiple symptoms ( so called 'AIDS --Acquired Immunodeficiency'' Syndrome'')
And finally again no symptoms including mouth ulcers /oral problems have any meaning if it is not associated with a positive HIV result. Hope this suffices.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Matin Ahmad Khan 9 hours later
Ok.
Can you tell me how safe are the condoms provided by goverment?are they of same quality as per the private ones?
What are the chief and common symptoms of first stage of hiv?how long does it take to show symptoms?how safe are condoms against hiv if not torn or slipped?
Brief Answer:
Find your answers

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question.
The efficacy of state provided condom is excellent if used properly and if it doesn't get torn or slipped during activity.

I guess I have answered your symptoms part query. I repeat symptoms have no significance without a positive test. All of HIV symptoms are quite similar to any other infection, therefore without a positive test, symptoms are not specific to HIV.

Torn/slipped condoms are not safe in any way, the risk of getting HIV/STD with torn/slipped condoms is equivalent to the risk without condoms (unprotected). If it doesn't get torn or slipped, then the protection is complete and safe.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Matin Ahmad Khan 31 hours later
Lastly off topic, how safe is to have protected sex with call girls?
Brief Answer:
Negligible

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question. It is negligible if you can ensure each and every sexual activity (be oral/vaginal/anal)of yours is protected(with condoms) and the condoms neither slip or get torn. HIV needs an entry point to get inside your body and if you check that point , then you can be safe.Hope it helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Matin Ahmad Khan

HIV AIDS Specialist