• question-icon

Are painless bumps on palm a cause for concern?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Veins and Arteries
Question: Hi, I am hoping you can help me with what this is. When I apply pressure to the bottom left side of my palm these "bump" or "bubbles" appear at the beginning of my wrist, I think it my vein. They are not painful or bothersome & are only there, or only happens when I apply pressure to the bottom part, bottom left part of my palm. I am attaching pictures of both, with pressure so the bumps appear and then without pressure and it is flat. what is this? vercouse veins? or something similar?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. However, in order to be able to understand the exact nature or the 'bump' or 'bubble' I would need you to upload an image pointing to the exact location where they occur. Based on your inputs surely I would try to guide you further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 days later
hi, here is a picture. hopefully it will load
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is normal. Not a cause for concern.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.

I have checked the attachments. I can see the mounds. These are small muscles of the hand and these soft tissue mounds are not a cause for concern. It is just a normal finding. (In fact even I have it.)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha