Are cysts in gallbladder malignant or benign?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: what do you think ,seeing her age(82)these cysts can be operated upon or not?
Do you think cyst is malignant or benign?
what could be corrective and curative treatment?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Upload all the other reports please

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

It looks like she has cancer of the gallbladder which has spread to other parts.

Please upload all the other reports including liver function test. I will go through them and give my opinion.

Dr.R.K.
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 hours later
yes we knew that this was a cancerous growth but the QUESTION THAT YOU HAD TO ANSWER IS -"DO YOU THINK THIS IS MALIGNANT OR BENIGN?
And the follow up question is -" what could be the APPROPRIATE CURATIVE/CORRECTIVE MEASURE KEEPING HER AGE IN MIND?
WHAT DO YOU THINK HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT FOR HER?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Answer given below

Detailed Answer:
In my previous post I have mentioned it as cancer of gallbladder. Cancer means malignant lesion only.
It is spread to the other parts which means it is stage four disease (the last stage).
She has obstruction of the bile duct due to the cancer. To assess the severity of obstruction, liver function test should be done ( which I have mentioned in my previous post)
A procedure to relieve the obstruction should be done. This can be done either by ERCP (endoscopic procedure) or PTBD (radiological procedure).

Unfortunately because of the spread of cancer her survival may be less than 3-4 months.

Dr.R.K.
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
As you have advised that a procedure to relieve the obstruction should be done-----is it a suitable way ,seeing her condition and age or it should be left untouched?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be done

Detailed Answer:
These are simple procedures and can be done.
As mentioned in my earlier posts I need to know her liver function test results to decide whether these procedures can be avoided.
If liver function test is abnormal indicating obstruction to bile flow then the procedure has to be done.
If not done, there are chances of getting infection which may worsen her condition.
But first I need to know her liver function test result.

Dr.R.K.