question-icon

Are HIV antibody test results 6.5 months post exposure conclusive?

Posted on Mon, 18 May 2015
Question: Dr XXXXXXX
With reference to my previous question I have taken hiv antibody test after 6.5 months and test negative.my question I have taken chicken pox vaccines on 11th March 2015 and hiv test on 26th April 2015. Whether vaccines effect hiv test results
Second my exposure in XXXXXXX i have taken hiv test in Uae.whetherit makes any difference.
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma (23 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You are HIV negative.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
No there is absolutely no interference in test results if you have taken vaccine for chicken pox. There is no need to worry about test reliability whether you take in XXXXXXX or UAE. Now there is no need for further testing as you are HIV negative. Adopt safe methods for intercourse in future.
:):)
Best of health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Sheetal Verma

Infectious Diseases Specialist