Alternative drug which contain cyproterone, acetate and estradiol?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi,

Ive been using XXXXXXX 35 for the past 5 months. For some reason now this drug is not available due to some supply shortage. I've searched everywhere but no pharmacy seems to have this in stock. I'm due to start my next cycle of pills coming Monday and now I'm worried for a suitable alternative. Most of the pharmacies have recommended Ginette 35.

I wanted to know is this pill same as Diane? If yes will it continue to have the same effect as XXXXXXX since I'm switching between the two brands? Any other thing I should keep in mind while taking this?

Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 36 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 35 is just a brand name.The actual content is a drug called cyproterone acetate and estradiol..There are other drugs containing the same component. Krimson 35 or Ginntte 35 are some of the other brands available.You should take them the same way you have taken XXXXXXX 35.Same precautions are to be taken.
There wont be any problems switching brands.