Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Alternative drug which contain cyproterone, acetate and estradiol?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions

Ive been using XXXXXXX 35 for the past 5 months. For some reason now this drug is not available due to some supply shortage. I've searched everywhere but no pharmacy seems to have this in stock. I'm due to start my next cycle of pills coming Monday and now I'm worried for a suitable alternative. Most of the pharmacies have recommended Ginette 35.

I wanted to know is this pill same as Diane? If yes will it continue to have the same effect as XXXXXXX since I'm switching between the two brands? Any other thing I should keep in mind while taking this?

Posted Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 36 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 35 is just a brand name.The actual content is a drug called cyproterone acetate and estradiol..There are other drugs containing the same component. Krimson 35 or Ginntte 35 are some of the other brands available.You should take them the same way you have taken XXXXXXX 35.Same precautions are to be taken.
There wont be any problems switching brands.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor