Suggest remedies for post-injection inflammation in the thighs

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Lump
Question: Injected 3 hrs ago on my thigh with cyproterone acetate oily liquid and when I took the needle out, lot of blood came out and then bleeding stopped. Now, feeling pain/little swelling at the injection site. Is it life threatening? WHat to do? Help. Thanks. male. 34.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is not life threatening.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I saw the pic.
After injection, sometimes blood comes from the site of injection.Minor blood vessel beneath the skin got injured causing bleeding.As it has stopped, nothing to worry.
The swelling and pain are due to haematoma.It resolves spontaneously.
No need for any specific treatment.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 24 minutes later
Great. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for the response.