Suggest ways to reduce sperm production

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: How to stop semen (not just sperm) production fully. Please be specific. Which medications or surgery? Male in mid 30s. I have tried androcur, depoprovera, estrogen, progynon, XXXXXXX finasteride, etc but to no real avail.
Do you recommend bilateral orchiectomy? I prefer medication though as am scared of surgery. Would etonogestrel implants help in males?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is not possible to stop producing semen in a young healthy individual

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Semen has three constituents produced by three different organs
1)Testicles produce sperms
2) Seminal Vesicle produce seminal fluid which contains Fructose required for motility of sperms and health of sperms
3) Prostatic secretions which contains enzyme PSA required for liquefaction of semen .

The production of semen is a continuous process till the death of a man .

It can not be stopped completely by medication nor by surgery of Orchidectomy .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 3 minutes later
Thanks. How about if I take cyproterone acetate (Androcur) in high doses? Will I be able to reduce the semen production to the minimum then? What about male to female transgenders, do they stop the semen production by taking female hormones and birth control medications?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It will not reduce prodduction of semen

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .

Androcur (Cyproteroe )reduces the production of Testosterone hormone and will not reduce production of seminal fluid or prostatic secretions which constitute 75% volume of semen .

The only way that can stop production of semen completely would be to remove both the testicles,seminal Vesicles and Prostate by an extensive surgery which I think has not been done in history of medical science.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks. Please answer this:
What about male to female transgenders, do they stop the semen production by taking female hormones and birth control medications?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Semen production stops after transgeneder surgery by giving Female Hormones

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Sperm productions stops after transgender surgery by giving female Hormone preparations .Semen production stops after some time as prostate and seminal vesicles shrinks .

Thanks and Regards.
dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 minutes later
Thanks so I must take estrogens and progestine with anti androgens to stop semen production? I am thinking to take Etonogestrel as a male. Would that help me in shutting down semen/sperm production? Thanks

Also, if i send you my blood reports/cardiac reports, will you recommend Etonogestrel implant and/or inguinal bilateral orchiectomy for me please? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult qualified Urologist engaged in Transgender surgeries routinely

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

I would suggest you to consult Urologist who does these surgeries in his tutine practice .I do not practice such procedures in my practice .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 14 minutes later
Yes, but i cannot find anyone who does that.

Thanks but can you only give me a referral letter for it please? or for Etonogestrel implant? Its important. Thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I am practicing in XXXXXXX and do not know any one in Australia

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Since I am practicing in XXXXXXX do not know any one doing these surgeries in Australia .You can find out with help from your family Physician .

I also unable to issue prescription as It will not be valid in Australia.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 20 minutes later
Thanks. Pain at the site injection is radiating through out the body. Anything serious? Is it the cyproterone whivh causing pain?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pain will subside within a day or two

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Pain at the site of injection will subside within a day or two .There is nothing to be serious about it .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.