Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Already have three children. Age fortythree. Want to concieve again. Any risk?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
i am 43 years old lady , got 3 children last born is 15 yrs old whats the risk of having another child at this age?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 47 minutes later
Hello and thanks for query
Biggest obstacle for women above 40 years is to get pregnant not onLy naturally but also with assisted reproductive facilities like In vitro fertilization.
Then there are increase chances of miscarriages and ectopic pregnancy
If you do get pregnant and cross 1st trimester you have increased chances of chromosomal abnormalities like down syndrome etc.
You may have additional medical complications like hypertension or diabetes
You may have complications like preeclampsia,gestational diabetes,placental abruption etc.
And last but not the least complications like still births and maternal deaths are increased.
I hope to gave answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor