Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

75 years of age has blood in urine, during night. Cause?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9625 Questions
a woman 75 years of age has blood in her urine during night time urination
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It needs to be investigated.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have passed blood in urine ( Hematuria).
I shall be happy if you can post few more details to help me to make comments on your problem.
1) Do you have any other urinary symptoms like frequency of urination ,urgency for urination,,difficulty in passing urine,burning urination etc ?
2) Do you have fever with chills ?
3) Are you taking any medications especially blood thinners for your heart problem ?
4) Have you ever undergone tests for this symptom ? and what are the findings ?

Blood in urine can be due to many reasons commonest being
1)Infection of the urinary tract ,
2) Presence of stones in urinary system
3)Cancer of the any organ of urinary system

It needs to be investigated thoroughly to find out the source of bleeding.

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and get all the following basic tests done under his guidance .
1) Routine urine and urine culture
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen
3) Blood coagulation profile
4) Renal function tests.
5) Intravenous pylography.
6)C.T scan of urinary system.
7) Endoscopic examination of bladder ( Cystoscopy).

Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor