Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

41 years old. Shaky feeling in hands and legs. What could be causing this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
This past week or so i have had a shaky feeling inside - this comes and goes and it may last for 10mins or up to 1hr. I also feel very warm in bed this last few nights. I am 41 year old female. At the minute i have this shaky feeling and it's at it's worst right now - my hands are slightly shaky and my legs also. I am active and in fact i had to stop my running training on Thursday night because of this. Please help.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
Your age is borderline age in which some females have symptoms related to declining female hormone levels a phase called climecteric.
The patient typically feels the Hot flushes- unexpected sense of warmth and sweating which come in episodes, mood swings, irritability, sad mood etc.
The menses may be irregular and decrease in amount.
The body gets adjusted to the new levels of hormones soon in few months in some, if not so then may be you will need treatment.
Another possibility is of Hypertension and still another of an anxiety state.
You should get a clinical assessment in person by a physician of your locality to pin point the diagnosis so that a treatment if required can be started accordingly.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: 41 years old. Shaky feeling in hands and legs. What could be causing this? 1 hour later
Are you referring to the menopause?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 33 minutes later
Hi,Welcome back,Menopause does not come suddenly but yes in form of Climacteric. Climacteric is, you can say a faint start of menopause. It is a differential diagnosis along with the other possibilities I have told in previous answer.More definite opinion would be possible once a physician assesses you in person.Wishing a great health to you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor