36 years old. Using hair color and loosing hairs. Worrisome

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Hair Loss
Question: Hi

I am 36 years old. I have 2 kids ( 6yrs & 1.5 years). I have been losing a lot of hair every day. I don't have any dandruff but I use hair color
once in a month. I am very worried about the hair loss. Kindly advise.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 7 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.

Androgenetic alopecia is most common type of baldness in your age group.
Also post delivery hair loss can occur in your case.

In general measures to avoid hair loss you should
- avoid stress, maintain good diet ,adequate sleep,regular exercise.Keeping good general health will add to treatment.

-Take one fruit every day.Take lemon juice and other citrous foods as they are XXXXXXX in vitamin C and anti oxidants.

-Do not comb when hairs are wet.

-Use widely spaced comb with rounded teeth(not sharp ends).

-Avoid hot water for bathing(use lukewarm water)

-Avoid hardening gels/ harsh colors/chemicals on scalp.

-Avoid direct sunexposure/heat/wind exposure to your hair.

-You can use nizoral shampoo for hair wash.

Also you can take some supplements like Tab Keraglo XXXXXXX one per day.
It is a safe and natural supplement which prevents hair loss due to all causes.
A visit to dermatologist can allow to get some clinic based treatments like Mesotherapy and dermaroller for hair loss.These have faster effect for stopping hair loss.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.

DrSudarshan
SKin hair nail specialist