Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

26 years old. Suffering from diabetes. Penis not developed properly. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
Im 26 years old and my penis is the same size now as it was when i was in grade school. Did i not develope properly. Is something wrong. I have hair in every place i should but my testicles and penis are extremely small. When i say small i mean its about 4 inches in length when erect and the thickness of a quarter. I also have been a type one diabetic since i was 13.
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 40 minutes later
The size of your penis as mentioned by you is by no means small, but if your testicles are indeed small, then you might have to get e few tests, and if they are normal, you need not worry about this issue any further.
I recommend that you get a few simple blood tests in the morning at around 8 a.m. of Serum total testosterone, Serum Follicle Stimulating Hormone, and Serum Leutinizing Hormone. If these are normal, essentially you would be doing fine.
The size of the phallus has no bearing on sexual enjoyment of self or partner, and any size over 2 inches of stretched penile length should usually be adequate.
Let me know if you have any further doubts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: 26 years old. Suffering from diabetes. Penis not developed properly. What treatment should be done? 25 minutes later
You dont think that it is too small. My penis isn't even close to fitting in the smallest sized condoms sold in any store. They slip right off. My left testicle is not normal either i dont think. It seems to be broke. Its not whole like my right one. It feels like a bunch of loose tissue on the left side. I had a ultra sound done a couple years ago but they said it was fine. Someetimes the left nut will feel more solid and normal and other times it feels like a bunch of tissue. Could that have something to do with my body not having enough testostrone. where would i go to have these test done or what kind of doctor should i go see to have this checked out.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 3 hours later
You had mentioned earlier that your penis size is 4 inches when erect, and that is the criterion I went by when I said that your penis size should be adequate, but if indeed the condom is slipping off an erect penis, we should try and investigate why this is happening, and that is the reason why I suggested those blood tests which should be able to tell us if your hormone levels are deficient which could cause a reduction in the size of the testis and a small sized penis. An ultrasound examination of your scrotum will also be able to tell us the size of testes, and are they deficient in blood supply, and is there a varicocoele which occasionally is present, and where the scrotum feels like 'a bag of worms' which is similar to how you have described your position.
Once the reports are available, I will be more than happy to help you online, but if you need a personal consultation, you might have to contact a local hospital where a urologist and/or an endocrinologist practices. the tests should be available in any good hospital and laboratory, and you will have to check with the local hospital if they need to have prescription or can they do it straightaway.
Please get back if you have further issues.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: 26 years old. Suffering from diabetes. Penis not developed properly. What treatment should be done? 10 hours later
If i have these tests done and they find out that something is not right, is there something they can do to get my penis and testicles to a normal size. Is that possible to take some kind of hormone medicine that would make my penis and balls grow to the normal size? Should i go to a urologist or see my endocrynologist about it first.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 9 hours later
The solution would depend on 1) Is there an anomaly, 2) What kind of anomaly.
There are occasions when the testosterone levels would be low, and S.FSH, and S.LH would also be low. These are amenable to treatment by hormones, and it is one of the most rewarding experiences for a treating urologist / endocrinologist. Sometimes, the S.Testosterone levels would be low, but S.FSH, S.LH would be high. This indicates a primary testicular failure, and then the patient will have to be investigated for why it has happened. The treatment may involve replacement by Testosterone or other hormones, but it can be decided only later after all the reports come in. You also might need to have an ultrasound examination of the scrotum for testes size and blood supply.
An endocrinologist might have to be consulted if there is any defect in the hormones.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor