Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

25 year old having grey hair. Due to change in weather?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
I am just 25yrs now and i have 7-8 white by now already.
is there any way to stop increasing white hair?
I have travelled 2-3 places for long time. Change in water would be the reason.
but i am not sure.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 19 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

What you are having is premature grey hair. The various causes for premature graying of hair are genetics or hereditary factors, malnutrition and a diet deficient in vitamin B, smoking, thyroid disease, stress and anxiety, unclean condition of the scalp and drying it with an electric dryer. Change in water does not cause premature grey hair.

In your case, given your family history of your father having premature grey hair, it looks like genetic factors are responsible in your case.

For grey hair:

1)     Take vitamin B supplements like Cobadex for some days.

2)     Eat a healthy, nutritious diet and do not take any undue stress. You can also indulge in yoga and meditation.

3)     Get your thyroid status checked if you have any additional symptoms like dry skin, obesity, cold intolerance etc.

4)     At this point in time no remedy exists that can reverse the greying process but for the already grey hair, but you can use various types of permanent, semi-permanent and semi-permanent hair dyes after consulting a trichologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor