Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

21 month child having eye problem. Can travel cause this strain? Any immediate relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
My 21 mnth daughter is complaining abt eyes lately and rubs her eyes when she complains...we just travelled to Florida after a 7 hr drive yesterday , can travel cause this strain? She used to complain once in 3 days for past couple of weeks abt eyes..can you let us know any immediate relief before we visit any specialist if we need to ?
Posted Sat, 6 Oct 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 3 hours later
Thanks for the query.
The on and off symptoms of rubbing eyes most probably due to itching and burning seems to be off eyes allergy. observe the eyes for any redness or any other inflammatory sign to rule out any active inflammation or infection. however the inflammation and infection do not settles spontaneously. so the cause is most probably allergic. A visit to pediatric ophthalmologist is recommended. immediate relief can be provided with anti-allergic eye drops along with ice cold sponging of the eyes. Also try to provide cover to the eyes to avoid allergens.

feel free to ask any further queries
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor