Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

2 year child having fiver. Diagnosed as infection. Blood test done. Noticed swollen face and red eyes. Worrisome

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
my two year old daughter had fever for a week finally drs decided to do urine test and dr said she has very bad infection took cbc and white blood count was 0000 put her on omnisept and said to come back next day to check white blood count count went down to 19,000 after 48 hours of omnisept fever broke but into the 72 hour XXXXXXX her face all swollen eyes red and tearing put her on benadryl and it went away, im very nervous that infection spreading even though fever broke and is there any long term effects i have to be worried from the urine infection she is only 2 years old
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I can appreciate concern of a parent.

Please do not worry, she will fine.

Urine infection in kids is very common and if proper care is taken care than it is completely curable also.

I do not see any reason for worry as she has responded well to treatment.

Her blood counts has gone down, fever has also subsided. These are all good signs and suggest control over infection.

Due to weakness or fever it self there could be redness and swelling in eyes.

Please complete the course as advised and keep regular follow up with doctor.

In mean time along with medicines,

Please give her plenty of fluids to drink
Give her light diet
Ask her to take proper rest

I hope this helps in reliving your concern.

Please feel free to ask again if you have something more to ask.

Wishing her good health and speedy recovery.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor