cold, cold sore on chin, blotchy face around nose, mouth, chin, red eye and blotchy skin. Is this just common cold?

I have 2 children, my almost 3 year old daughter has a cold, a coldsore on chin and a very blotchy face around nose, mouth and chin which gets sore and she holds a flannel on to sooth it.

My 1 year old has a red eye on actual white bit and a lot of yellowy gunk which I have been cleaning away with pre boiled water. He also has a cold but not as bad as my daughter.

Started last Thursday. From what I have described do you think its just a simple cold or do you feel a doctor should be seen?

I am not one to dash to doctors all the while but its more the red eye and blotchy skin that's not usual for my two.

Thanks and regards,

Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013