Wrist injury. X-ray normal. Taking Naproxen. Painful unless wearing tight brace

Hi I have received a squeezing type injury to my left wrist over the radius area, 2 weeks ago. I can feel a sharp point where the distal part of the radius comesinto the wrist and there is an awful crunching and grinding sensation which can also be felt by another person on palpation of the area. It feels like something is moving under the skin. I have had x-rays done and was told nothing obvious by nurse practitioner and told to wear a brace. Unless the brace is very tight the pain is excruciating and I am already taking naproxen , codeine and paracetamol . My job as a veterinary nurse is becomming very difficult
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012