Suggest treatment for frozen shoulder and constipation

I am having a frozen left shoulder kind of symptoms for last couple of months. My left shoulder doesnt rotate as smoothly as the right one. My second problem is I have constipation atleast few days a month and suffer from piles as a consequence
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later
Brief Answer: x-ray of the left shoulder with physiotherapy Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, In my view, this seems like a temporary problem due to the winter season, and the muscles and joints getting stiff often. This is also seen with limited joint movements as you say. You do not need special treatment for this except for daily stretching exercises, and keeping yourself warm. However, you could get an x-ray of the left shoulder to rule out major pathology. Physiotherapy of the shoulders will help too. Regarding the constipation, you need to take more fiber in your diet in the form of vegetables and fruits. Drink plenty of fluids orally. You can continue the medicine for piles. Hope this helps you. Regards,
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for frozen shoulder and constipation 14 days later
Thanks Dr. Shanthi for answering my query. I had a follow up question. To add more exercise to my routine I started 45 mins walking and some stretching exercises since over a month. I have developed some swelling on my lower back spine and when I sit on hard chairs, tip of spine feels painful. Would like to hear your diagnosis and suggestions Regards,
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 hours later
Brief Answer: please get an x-ray done Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, There is a probability of spinal disc herniation or bulge in you. or it can be stress on the spine due to stretching exercises. I would suggest you to stop exercising for some time now, and get a plain x-ray of your lower back to look at the possibility. Further investigations can be planned accordingly. You can consult a back surgeon for the same or an orthopedician. Get well soon.