Ultrasound shows prominent thickened endometrium. Bleeding during pap smear. Advised biopsy. Reason?

Hi? Today I went in to get my test results from a ultrasound I had 2 weeks ago.It came back that I have prominent thickened endometrium .The nurse practioner gave me a pap and I started bleeding quite a bit that she said that was not normal and had to go in and put pressure to stop it.She didnt know why I was bleeding that much and said she has never had that happen before.Why would I bleed like that and what why did she say I have to have a biopsy done?It seems she didnt know very much when I asked her.Thank you .
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012