Trying to conceive, PCOD, regular periods since intake of janya. Get spotting after period flow. Reason?

Hello I am a 27 yr old woman n married since 2 years. My husband and me are planning for a baby. i know every couple needs to have intercourse every alternate day which is not happening in our case. also i have pcod with right ovary-15.4cc n show 22mm dominent follicle in mid cycle. left ovary 11.3cc.uterus is normal and shows normal echotexture. there are no evidence of fibroids . endometrium is 10mm thick. both ovaries are bulky n show presence of multiple follicles measuring 10mm. no evidence of ovarian or adnexal mass . the remarks were ovulatory type of pcod. i was on janya tablet for 2 years and also metformin 500mg thrice and subsequently twice a day, folic acid 5 mg once a day. i stopped having janya 2 years back n m having regular periods since then. but after having taken some pills to postpone my periods last february , my periods started delaying from a cycle of 30 days to 35-36 days. currently my last period was on 23rd march n had periods for 5 days with 2nd,3rd and 4th heavy flow and spotting like on 5th day. now on the 9th and 10th day(which is today) m having spotting. why is this so? i d been to my doctor today she said the uterus was clear n she cudnt see any follicle growth n asked me to have relation on 17th day of my cycle. how can i know if i am ovulating this month as she said there are no follicles seen on 10th day i.e. today? please answer my queries.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013