Trying to conceive. Late period. Pregnancy test negative. Siphene 100 mg taken, follicular study done. Advise?

Hi Doctor,
Im 26 and trying to conceive. Had Siphene 100mg & follicular study for 2 cycles. For 3rd cycle, I just had Siphene and not follicular study. My LMP is 11th Feb 2013 and yet to have my periods this month. Took a home preg test after 40 days, It came up with negative. Can I be preg even after the home test is negative? If not, I wolud like to know y the periods is late ?
note: I have PCOS
My Doc has suggested to wait for 10 more days. If its still negative, I am suggested to take tablet to induce my periods.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013