Tightness in throat, sore and looks like a lump. Tenderness between Oesophagus and neck. Is it thyroid?

My throat has got tight and feels like a lump is in there then over a few hours gets really sore, it is near my esophagus and my neck feels tender it last for a few days then goes! Then comes back a week later, it s getting worse and hurts to laugh or shout, when food repeats on me it feels like my throat closes then releases but is so painful! My voice breaks as well through the pain! Any ideas? Doctor thought maybe thyroid?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013