Tendon under the tongue was swollen with a bump. What is it?

Hi...ever since Saturday the tendon or whatever that thing is under your tongue , has has a big swollen bump at the base. I could hardly move my tongue it hurt so bad. I can move it now without pain but the bump is still there. It s not a hard bump, it s soft. The underside of my tongue is very irritated also. Then Monday or Tuesday, the tip of my tongue on one side started hurting. Now that has stopped and now it feels like there is something on my tongue very far back where I can t see. It s driving me nuts . I ve been swishing 4 times a day with one of those mouthwashes for mouth sores since Tuesday.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013