Tear duct turning inside out. No pain or itching. Should I see a doctor?

The lower tear duct (the punctum?) in my left eye seemed to be turning inside out with a small red fleshy bit protruding. This was several weeks ago. It didn t hurt, and I just ignored it. After a few weeks, it spontaneously went away. After a couple more weeks, it came back and has stayed. Lately, it has gotten much larger. It still doesn t hurt, or itch or anything, but it s annoying now because it causes a fullness in my eye and I can feel it when I blink. Is this something I should see an opthamalogist about?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013