Taking blood thinner and stabilizer for Atrial fibrillation. Any stroke associated with this?

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with Afib and am now taking two meds which seem to be helping; one is a blood thinner and the other is a stabilizer for my heart beat. I am, not overwt and exercise daily with walking 2-3 mi. and/or yoga. But I am curious to know if there are certain types of strokes associated w/afib conditions. My brother died of a aneurism at 79 and he was quite healthy; my 85 yr. old other brother got a pacemaker this spring and is feeling much better and stronger, walking daily and no meds. I dislike meds but so far haven't had any side effects. Any info you may give will be appreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013