What does blue finger nails at base indicate?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Age 84, pace maker, de-flib installed, pace maker installed, by-pass surgery 9 years ago, and now on cardiologist appropriate drug regimen, I note cold fingers when moving around, blue finger nails at base, as I resume quiet body activity coldness recedes and blue nails disappear. I am still active in a normal day. No pain or discomfort anywhere in body, active or quiet.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Cardiologist appointment ASAP Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. You needto consult a cardiologist asap, blue finger nails at base indicates poor cardiac function. You need urgent attention. Regards Dr Arun