Is Bifascicular Block and Sinus Bradycardia along with Heart disease and history of angiplasty life threatning?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
Dear Sir/ Madam, My father has been diagnosed with Bifascicular Block and Sinus Bradycardia. He is 72 years old, and had an angioplasty with stenting, some 4 years back. His ECG readings are as follows - QRS: 142 ms QT/ QTc: 440/ 409 ms PR:198 ms P:148 ms RR/ PP: 1158/ 1150 ms P/ QRS/ T: 54/-66/26 degrees Interpretations - - Sinus Bradycardia - Right Bundle Branch Block - Left Anterior Fascicular Block - *** Bifascicular Block *** Abnormal ECG The doctor has suggested to come with a Holter Check in our next visit, and then based on the results, they may consider implanting a Pacemaker. But, they have given the next visit date after 1 year, and didn't seem much concerned in the entire discussion. So, I got a little worried and confused - is this serious or not-so-serious? MY QUESTION IS - Based on the above details, kindly let me know if the situation is one of extreme danger? Are we looking at an life-threatening and delicate situation, where we need to immediately consider getting the Pacemaker implanted? Or is this still within average limits, and we may take some time to gather ourselves and deal with it? Thanks & Regards XXXX
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 17 hours later
Brief Answer: please upload the ECG Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX I have gone through history of your father and it looks like he may need for pacemaker. But before giving my opinion regarding pacemaker i would like to see the ECG. If you can scan the ECG and upload the report/image on the right side of this query page, it would benefit me. Alternatively, mail the ECG report to YYYY@YYYY with subject as "Attention to Dr. Subroto". I will be able to give the better opinion then. thank you SUBROTO Mandal

Follow-up: Is Bifascicular Block and Sinus Bradycardia along with Heart disease and history of angiplasty life threatning? 2 days later
Dear Sir, As required, I have uploaded the scanned copy of the ECG - 3 pages. Additional details - (A) Current medications as prescribed by his Cardiologist - 1. Echosprin Gold 20 2. Calcirol - to be taken once a month (B) Medications as prescribed by local physician for Sugar & Abdominal Gas - 1. Rabemat ls 2. Glycomet 500 sr (C) AT TIMES, WHILE GETTING UP FROM A SITTING POSITION, HE FEELS A SLIGHT SENSE OF DIZZINESS - ALTHOUGH THIS HAPPENS VERY RARELY AND THE FEELING IS EXTREMELY MILD IN NATURE. The doctor has suggested to come with a Holter Check in our next visit, and then based on the results, they may consider implanting a Pacemaker. But, they have given the next visit date after 1 year, and didn't seem much concerned in the entire discussion. So, I got a little worried and confused - is this serious or not-so-serious? MY QUESTION IS - Based on ALL the above details, kindly let me know if the situation is one of extreme danger? I understand that a Pacemaker implant could be inevitable, and we do plan to get it done - but my only concern is - how serious is his current condition? Are we looking at an life-threatening and delicate situation, where we need to immediately consider getting the Pacemaker implanted? Or is this still within average limits, and we may take some time to gather ourselves and deal with it, and get the Pacemaker implanted by 2014 end? Regards. XXXX

Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 3 days later
Brief Answer: do an holter monitoring test Detailed Answer: dear XXXX, I have gone through the ECG, its doesn't look like any emergency for Pace maker. But physician takes decision in clinical situation also. like if your father has repeated episodes of giddiness, dizziness or syncope than definitely he should undergo HOLTER monitoring test. if he has any changes in 24 hours holter monitor, he may need for Pace maker. if holter is ok then we can follow up as you are doing now. decision depends upon holter monitoring now. hope i have answered your query ... wish you all healthy heart. SUBROTO