Taken Gabapentin by mistake. Have headache, difficulty breathing, chills, paranoia, weakness. Normal?

I was recently in the hospital for a broken tibea plateau, while in the hospital for five days, I was not administered my regular prescription medicine ( gabapentin 900mg day) by mistake for the entire stay. I developed strong headaches , no eating or sleeping, had trouble breathing , chills, paranoia , weakness. When I got home and discovered that they had failed to give me that medicine, I resumed my normal dosage and things got back to normal. I have been on this medicine for 5-6 years. Is this normal?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013