Taken Augmentin for staph aureus in abscess. Clump of warts on penis. Could it be STD?

I went to an urgent care for a cyst/abcess/growth back in January and they took a culture and sent it to the lab. It came back as staph aureus to which they had told me to finish up the augmentin they had prescribed (which I did). The lump went away (it is something that has appeared for about a week, then disappeared for a couple of months over and over for about 2 years) as it normally does and so I figured it was gone, then it reappeared a couple of weeks ago and so I popped it and thought nothing of it as it went away. I have had a fever , chills, and my body has ached for the past few days. The more I look into this I m starting to think that this is getting worse and worse and it is actually MRSA not just staph aureus. Then today, I found a very small clump of about 5 (what look to be) warts on the edge of my penis . Could this maybe be some type of STD or be related in some way shape or form to the Staph Aureus? I have also come across something called manuka honey that I intend to take as I have seen it has potential ability to counteract MRSA, thoughts? Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem
I am dr Gaurav patel ,dermatologist and will answer your query.
MRSA is resistant strain of bacteria it can cause abscess and skin infection.
warts on penis is indicative of STD in not all but most cases.
Viral warts itself is STD. It may be related to MRSA.
You need to go for culture and sensitivity test to fond out bacteria and its treatment
It is better to consult dermatologist first for proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
I hope I answered your question.
Let me know if you have any further query.