Swelling from an ankle pain. Lump on the leg. Due to injury?

I suffered a high ankle sprain a week ago while playing basketball. As the swelling has gone down and the pain becomes more focused on the injured ankle rather than the whole area, I am noticing a small lump in my leg half way between the injury on my ankle and my knee . It is painful little knot about the size of a large Pea. I am worried that something was completely severed and moved up into my leg. Is a small lump like this something to get checked out or more likely just trauma of the injury?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013