Surgery suggested for distal radius. Is it safe to take alcohol on the previous day of surgery?

hI, i have quick question My brother in law is having a surgery on tuesday. He has fractured distal radius (styloid process) and also scaphoid slightly. He is going to have either a plate or screws placed. All i know, he is going to be sedated. He is having one or 2 drinks tonight and its sunday. Will it affect somehow the surgery? Do we have to reschedule? He is having 2 shots only, but they are European, and very strong 75 % or so.....What should we do? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012