Suffering with Strabismus since childhood. Is there any treatment?

I m 17 now and I do have a problem: Strabismus (exotropia). It seems to be alternating: I can consciously look with either the left or the right eye, but the second one wanders. It occured when I was a child, increased then and diminished over time, but still, it is a problem to me. I did the test before surgery to predict its possible consequences and it revealed a risk of double vision after. Is there any way to eliminate strabismus in my case?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013