Suffering from bronchitis pneumonia and chest pain. Taking penicillin but not satisfied with the treatment

Hi, i wrote to you a week ago re chest problem s. You advised me i had a chest infection so i went to my gp who confirmed this and gave me penicillin 500mg. I have 2 more tablets left out the course and my symptom s are still here. I am 47yrs old, regular sufferer of bronchitis pneumonia . The last time i had bronchitis was week before last xmas. It was a very bad dose of it. I have since been wheezing on and off which doesn t normally happen between attacks. I am coughing up very thick tar like phlegm and when i cough the smell is foul and i get a pain on my right side of chest. The wheeze is on the right as i can feel it with my hand. The wheeze is here all the time and is on breathing in and out. What can this be. Thank you Karen
Asked On : Wed, 18 May 2011