Suffering from salty sputum and lung congestion with runny nose. Using Nexito for panic attacks. Suggest?

Question
Hi
I am suffering from salty sputum and lung congestion and also runny nose.
currently I am using nexito plus since 20 days for panic attacks.
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Alekhya 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

It would be easier to assist you if you could provide me the following details.
Can you tell me in detail the nature of sputum, amount, and colour? Is it associated with any fever? How long have you been suffering from these symptoms? Have you been through any investigations?

Expecting your reply at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards
Dr.Alekhya

Follow-up: Suffering from salty sputum and lung congestion with runny nose. Using Nexito for panic attacks. Suggest? 2 hours later
Nature of sputum is thin and looks watery
Amount of sputum in volume is 2-3 ml
colour is watery look
No fever
suffering from 4 days
No investigations done yet.

Answered by Dr. Alekhya 1 hour later
Thank you for coming you with more details.

I want to tell you that even allergic reactions for pollen, food, mold or dust particles cause the same symptoms that you have mentioned.

I advice you to take steam with karvol capsules for congestion and running nose.
Avoid food that elevates your symptoms and take good precautions while exposing to dust.
As there is no association of fever don't worry much about it.
Salty taste of the sputum may also be due to the regurgitation of gastric fluid. I also suggest you to take tab. pantoprazole 40 mg once a day for 7 days.

No need to have any investigations at present but if it continues even after treatment then further investigations including a chest x-ray is needed.

Hope this answers your query.
WISH YOU A GOOD HEALTH.

Dr.Alekhya

Follow-up: Suffering from salty sputum and lung congestion with runny nose. Using Nexito for panic attacks. Suggest? 15 days later
Still suffering from runny nose and lung congestion(especially more in night times causing sleep distrubances) morning times both runny nose and lung congestion is very minimal and bearable.
yesterday I have got CBP and chest x XXXXXXX done.
x XXXXXXX was fine. I am attaching CBP report. Can you go through and guide me further.

Answered by Dr. Alekhya 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your CBP report is normal except mild esnophilia

Detailed Answer:

Most of the cases which I have seen till now presented with same symptoms like you but the cause in them is idiopathic. I am expecting the same in you. You must have a look into your daily activities and exposure to eliminate the triggering factor like some metals,medicines,food etc. This is just an allergic reaction and everything otherwise is normal in you.

Treatment for this mild eosinophilia includes only the elimination of triggering factors. I don't think there is any organic cause for this.

Thank you.

WISH YOU A GOOD HEALTH.