Suffering from ADHD, low blood sugar. Lack of appetite. Swearing episodes, angry outbursts and self destructive behavior. What is the treatment?

Hi, I am a mental health professional but even that doesn t help me. I have ADHD and don t want to be on medicine because it can affect appetite and I already struggle to eat enough (just due to not being hungry, having the bad habit of using work as an excuse, etc.). I know the low blood sugar greatly affects my mood, so stepping up my eating can help. But honestly, typical anger management strategies don t help because of the impulsivity. My main issue is that when I m stressed at work I can t stop the repeated swearing outbursts and self-destructive behavior that feeds itself. I need to know how to handle things better. Focusing isn t an issue anymore as I ve learned to adapt. It s the anger and frustration and feeling overwhelmed I don t know how to deal with. I ve read books, used my own knowledge, etc. I saw a counselor (can t afford to now) I liked but to no avail. They can only give you so many strategies, I know that, the rest is up to you. But I can t seem to control my brain. I know ADHD is a defect in dopamine D4. How do I overcome a brain problem and all the anger, etc., that goes with it?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012