Squishy knot on the top of hip bone after fall, bruising from front to back. Will it subside eventually?

I have a 50 cent piece knott on top of hip bone that happened 4 weeks ago from falling hard on medium size rocks.Did not hurt when happened, however later in day noticed this lump. By next day totally bruised front to back..Put ice on for a few days... Swelling around lump went down slightly..Not hot to touch, still a bruised in color, and is not sore..Grabbing hold of it feels a little squishy...I was told it will eventually go away..Would appreciate your opinion...I m an active 75 year old and active...Thank you, Barbara JOrgensen - Manson Wa..
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012