Spotted soft movable mass between shoulder and neck, pea sized and bumpy, had ultrasound

Last Saturday (6 days ago) I suddenly noticed a soft, movable mass between my shoulder and neck, near my collar bone . I don t know how long it s been there! It was about the size of a dime in diameter - flattish and irregular-shaped. I went to see a doctor on Monday, fearing the worst, and she said to just watch it, and that it was too small. I even requested an ultrasound the next day, and the lab tech said it didn t look worrisome. Still, it was slightly larger than pea-sized and not normal. The past two or three days, I noticed that it has changed shape and seems slightly smaller - but only in circumference . It seems harder and taller but smaller in area. I can feel like it s slightly bumpier on top, and it s no more than the size of my fingertip but very movable and obvious under the skin. You can t see it - you have to dig into my neck a little. I have no symptoms. At least, none up until last Saturday. Also, I ve lost maybe 8 pounds in two months. This weight loss really disturbs me. I haven t been exercising, and in fact, I ve been eating unhealthier the past two months. No fevers, chills, or night sweats . Two or three years ago, I also had a hard, oval pea-sized lump near my hairline on the back of my neck, but it gradually went away? I m glad it went away but it still worries me. Anyways, I keep poking and moving the lump around and that might be why it feels harder and bumpier albeit smaller. It could be agitated. Also, I had a painful canker sore the previous week (I never get canker sores and this was unusual), but canker sores would drain into the lymph nodes directly under the chin and jaw, and not all the way near the base of the neck, correct?
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012