Spots on toe, molluscum spots, swollen toe, pus comes out, skin color changed to dark brown

My 14 yr old son had small spot on the top of middle toe for many months. It caused no discomfort and looked a bit like a molluscum spot. Last week his toe became red and a little swollen and there was obviously a head in the middle of the spot. I encouraged him to squeeze it gently at bath time and puss came out. He did this several times in the last week. Now the skin of the spot has turned quite dark brown in colour. It hasn t filled up again with puss but should I do anything now? It is not causing significant discomfort.
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012