What is the cause and remedy for red pimples on penis?

Dermatologist
Question
some red pimple or allargy grown out side of penis doctor refer to use me to use Imiquimod cream . i want to know cause & remedy . i visited to doctor he obserbed & write Imiquimod cream & hizide-z capusle only
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. From the description given and treatment provided by your doctor, it seems you could be having genital warts or may be molluscum contagiosum. Both of these are sexually transmitted infection and spread through unprotected physical contact. I can confirm the diagnosis only after I have seen the lesions. For the same, you may send some good quality images of your concerned lesions. Imiquimod is an effective treatment option in both the cases. It is basically given for self application. The doctor supervised procedures could be- If its molluscum, more definite treamtent would be removal of lesions. If its genital wart, it can also be treated by application of podophyllotoxin or podowart. Hope this helped. Take care

Follow-up: What is the cause and remedy for red pimples on penis? 23 minutes later
i am just marred in feb of this year my wife observed some pimple occur out side of her vagina few month ago . after couple week i observed the same on my organ , now she is pragenent .

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 23 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. As I mentioned earlier both molluscum and warts transmit sexually, so both the partners actually need treatment. She should not use imiquimod without her doctor's consent as there are other safe medicines and procedures to deal with the same. Imiquimod is a pregnancy category C drug and can be used only if other safe techniques are not fruitful. In her case, if its molluscum then it can be simply removed by needle extraction and if its a wart, cryotherapy can be done. I would advise that you consult a qualified dermatologist in your area. If you reside in Delhi NCR, you may visit me for the same. Regards

Follow-up: What is the cause and remedy for red pimples on penis? 19 hours later
provide me your clinic address i am avilable as soon as possible ,but my wife not here. my contact number 0000

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 20 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. You may get my address and other clinic details by clicking on my profile available on this website. Regards