What causes swollen bumps on top of penis when suffering from STI?

Dermatologist
Question
I talked to a doctor about a month ago and he told me that I have STI. I recently realized that I have like 3 bumps on top of my penis, and it looks like one of my veins on top of my penis is swollen what can this mean?
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Pictures Detailed Answer: Hi I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions before we can come to any diagnosis. It would be great if you can click some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also email the pictures to YYYY@YYYY with subject line as “attention to Dr. Geetika Paul”. Also please tell if you have any associated symptoms in the form of itching or pain. Waiting for the pictures Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What causes swollen bumps on top of penis when suffering from STI? 41 minutes later
it hurts when I urinate and it also hurts when I get hard.

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi See there are two to three things that i can see. Firstly, the dilated or enlarged veins are absolutely normal. Next are the small bumps or raised lesions over the glans. Now these small pin point lesions are also considered normal and are seen in certain individuals. These are basically enlarged glands and these are called fox fordyce spots. The third thing are the raised lesions on the penis shaft. These are surely a cause of concern. These look like lesions of a candidal infection which is a fungal infection. Now such an infection can be sexually transmitted but it is not a very serious infection.It can easily be cured. You have previously been on certain treatment. Please provide me the details of the medicines that you have been using. Also please let me know since when you have these skin lesions? Are they associated with itching or pain? Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What causes swollen bumps on top of penis when suffering from STI? 5 minutes later
Th last time I talked to a doctor was a month ago, and it was on here. He told me I had STI , ever since than I haven't talked or seen a doctor. It does not itch at all.

Brief Answer: Molluscum contagiosum Detailed Answer: Hi See if these lesions are totally asymptomatic which means that there is on associated itching or pain, then they point toward a diagnosis of molluscum contagiosum which is a sexually transmitted viral infection. Now the treatment of these lesions is not possible by any over the counter drug. You need to see a dermatologist for the same since removal of the lesions has to be done under trained supervision. Also I would like to tell you that these lesions are essentially contagious in nature, so the adequate contraception until treated. Dr Geetika Paul