What is the best treatment for molluscum?

I went to clinic and doc told me i have molluscum and that it will eventually go away. I want to treat it now. Its gross on my hand. What can i do?
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 34 minutes later
hi at this situation I would suggest to modify bathing procedures and improve general hygiene. Don’t scratch or pierce molluscum. Change clothing, bed linen and towels frequently. All the best
Follow-up: What is the best treatment for molluscum? 11 minutes later
I want to treat this molluscum now. I have a professional job and cant have these disgusting bumps on my hand
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Molluscum contagiosum lesions Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Now your problem is that of molluscum contagiosum. There are various faster methods of treating these lesions if you see a dermatologist. However ifyou wish to have the treatment at home, you can buy an anti wart agent. Salactol paint is an agent which will help you. If it is not available over the counter, you can surely buy it online. Now as far as the application is concerned, read all the instructions carefully before application. Apply it only over the lesions. It will lead to some form of redness and irritation in the lesions for few days but all this is a sign that the medicine is working. You have to first apply a Vaseline in the surrounding area followed by application of the drug over the lesions. I am sure this treatment will help you. Although molluscum lesions can help on their own also in some people, but it is always preferred to treat them since they are contagious and their number tends to increase if not treated on time. Hope it helps. If you have any other queries, please ask. Dr Geetika Paul.