Spots on chest, applied topical steroid cream. Taking synthroid. Is it related?

I started noticing some spots on my chest almost 2 years ago. At first I didn t think much of it because there was only a few, but as time went by, I noticed some more. My family doctor told me not to worry as it could simply be dry skin or maybe eczema . However it s been spreading mostly in humid conditions (during hot summer temperatures, working out at the gym , etc). He even gave me a topical steroid cream to apply on the spots, and after a few applications, the spots were disappearing and leaving a slight discolouration. However, when I stopped applying the cream after a few days, more spots were forming. They seem to turn paler and dry when I slightly scratch them, then go back to their pinkish colour. I have them on my chest area, abdomen, lats, inner tighs and lately, on the back of my neck. My wife also noticed a darker spot in the middle of my back, which was small at first but spread much bigger in a matter of months. I haven t noticed the progress much since I don t have it at view all the time. That spot is darker than the ones in the front, more brownish and almost has a shape like it s branching out. The texture is also more flaky than the spots in the front. After researching the symptoms and other images online, I don t know if it s a case of pityriasis rosea , Grover s disease, Bowen s diseaseā€¦ I m not sure how to go about this so I intend to see a dermatologist to get another professional opinion. Also I must add that I ve been on synthroid .075mg (thyroid meds) for about two years as well and this skin condition appeared around the same time. My doctor seams to think it s not related but I still wonder. I ve taken synthroid when I was a child as well (around 9-12) to help grow as I was small but without any thyroid problem. I feel the thyroid problem I have now is possibly related to taking the same med when i was a child. Any feedback could help. Here are uploaded photos of my back and chest area: WWW.WWWW.WW thank you
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012