Sore tongue, blood vessel caused trauma, acid reflux. What can to done to sores?

the side of my tongue have been sore, somtimes waking me at night. I noticed a small black spot on the right side of my tongue and saw my dermatoligist. He felt it was possibly a broken blood vessel in the tongue caused by some sort of trauma--biting the tongue, for instance. The spot is still there and the sides of my tongue are still sore sometimes. I do have acid reflux disease and wondered if the acid was afftecting my tongue during the night when I am lying in bed. Soreness on the sides of my tongue doesn t seem to bother me during the day. Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012