Sore throat, difficulty swallowing hard food, swelling around Adam s apple, virus suspected. Endoscopy done, culture test negative. Advise?

I had an endoscopy three weeks ago and no apparent problems afterwards. About ten days later, i developed a soe throat and find it difficut to swallw hard food, although I can drink. The sweeling is mainly around my adam's apple and is relieved with ice packs and or honey.

The doctor started to treat it as a bacterial infection, but a culture has come bck negative. The medical view is that it must be viral.

What are other ptins please?

Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013