How do I cure chronic constipation?
User rating for this question
How do I cure chronic constipation? I hv tried taking laxopeg at night and also naturolax at night on different nights. What works better for chronic constipation?
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Exclude/ treat lhealth problem ,change life style. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thank you for the query. I have gone through it & understand your concern. Chronic constipation can be either due to certain health problems but mostly aggravated by life style hazards. In the view of curing it I would advice- Get certain pathological investigations done like, - Stool examination routine & microscopic for excluding infections/infestations of G I tract. - Fasting & post meal blood/urine sugar to exclude diabetes - Thyroid function tests. (To exclude thyroid deficiency) Life style changes.- - Have a well balanced diet with prescribed caloric value. - Eat small servings at 2-3 hourly intervals (Overeating produces indigestion/constipation. - Every serving should accompany green salads/ fruit/ vegetables with minimum spices/oils. - Have lot of fibers & lot of liquids (soups, buttermilk, Lemon water, No aerated drinks. - avoid sleep immediately after eating. Avoid late night eatings &food carvings. - Taking 3 or 4 prunes in a day helps Exercises- exercise daily for at least 45 minutes work out in form of - Yoga, swimming, games, and brisk walk. - Pranayama special pranayamas in form of Kapalbhati, Bahya pranayam, Nauli XXXXXXX help in getting intestinal movements to normal. Regular routine for eating, working hours, sleeping are the key factors for healthy living. - Never resist a natural call. Forming a habit of bowel movement at a fixed time also helps. - In the beginning light purgative like liquid paraffin at bed time / glycerin suppositories before defecation can be applied as an aid to pass hard stool. - Ayurvedic medicine like XXXXXXX asav 2 spoons with warm water after food can be taken for a month. - You can use acupressure point (over chin) for passing hard stools. Positive thinking / persistent efforts will definitely take you to get rid of chronic constipation. I hope the information given is useful & satisfying. I am available for further query, if any. Thanks.
People also viewed
- Naturolax husk powder is good for what
- Im bloated but dehydrated
- How to overcome my chronic constipation problem
- Clarithromycin and constipation
- Yellow discharge nausea bloated stomach
- Trimethoprim bloated sick dizzy
- Using astroglide to relieve constipation
- How effective is miralax for chronic constipation
- Is cremaffin safe for new born baby
- Bloating nausea dizzy and lighheaded
- Heart beating faster after laxatives
- Extreme fatigue dizziness and bloating
- Treatment and cure for chronic constipation
- How to cure chronic constipation
- What causes chronic constipation and how is it treated